Become an Organizer
No local King Tide organizer near you? Why not be one?
People tend to engage more with locally relevant initiatives than global ones. Organizers communicate the relevance of sea level rise for their community, city or region, and invite individuals and groups to participate in photographing King Tides.
Witness King Tides organizers support the initiative in various ways. You can choose your own level of involvement, and your efforts may include:
- Connecting with local social media discussions (using locational hashtags, posting on local discussion boards)
- Organizing king tides viewing events like Meetups, boat tours, and hikes (remember that safety is key)
- Distributing posters, promoting via social media
- Liaising with local media outlets
- Hosting a blog or website as a hub for local activities
- Running a photo contest
- Organizing a citizen science project to monitor long-term change
Take the next step: participate in the network
The organizing network is always interested in expanding our community and the reach of this project. We have occasional teleconferences and work on shared resources to support the overall effort.
Please tell us a little about yourself and we will get in touch as soon as possible.